Owning a thatched roof property is a great privilege. The UK is home to some of the most beautiful thatched roof properties and if you own one then you’ll certainly want to ensure that it’s protected by getting thatched property insurance.
Finding thatched roof insurance at a great price is now easier than ever thanks to the number of specialist providers out there. Below is a guide to thatched roof insurance that will help you understand the factors that affect cost and some great ways you can save money.
Factors that affect cost
- The value of your property
- Where it’s located
- The value of the contents
- How secure it is
- How long since it was inspected
How to save money
Below are some excellent ways to save money on thatched roof insurance –
- Protect against fire risks – In a thatched property, you should always have at least one fire extinguisher and one smoke alarm installed. This will show insurance providers that you take fire safety seriously and that if a fire were to break out, you’d be prepared.
- Have your chimney inspected – Chimneys pose one of the biggest threats to thatched properties so having it regularly cleaned and inspected is a must. It’s also a very good idea to have a flue liner installed.
- Have the roof inspected – It’s very important to have your roof inspected regularly. This will ensure it’s in good condition but also that it’s at no increased risk of catching fire due to being too dry.
- Make your home more secure – Fitting an alarm will make your home more secure as will having secure locks on your doors and windows. Reducing the risk of theft and vandalism is one of the best ways to reduce the cost of your premium.
The benefits of getting cover online
- Cover for all types of thatched roof properties
- All types of cover available
- Fair prices offered by specialists
- Flexible payment by credit or debit card
- Instant documentation
- Easy claims process
- Full support